There are some things you can easily do to ensure you get the most value from your property when you sell it.
After all, you want to make sure you Don’t Leave Anything Behind, like a whole lot of value!
Consider that selling your property is a bit like selling your car: presentation and knowledge of the product or market is almost everything.
Turning up to the car dealer with a muddy car needing a good vacuum and some (ok, a lot) of TLC is a bit like having potential buyers through your house full of last night’s pizza boxes and beer bottles and evidence of a puppy dog perhaps spoilt a bit (an inside sleeper!).
It’s in your interest to ensure your property is presented in its best light. And it’s equally important to ensure you leverage and harness any experience and insider information and tips that you can, in order to maximise your result.
Ray White has a short list of high-impact tips to help present your property in its best light (read more about these tips here).
- De-clutter and de-personalise, but still maintain enough scent to people can envisage living there. Do maintain some personality, but remove family portraits and so on.
- Remove pets and minimise evidence of them (but don’t be afraid to market your property as pet friendly if it is—pet people love that fact).
- Be flexible (and generous) with times—cover weekends and weekdays to accommodate everyone.
- Let in the light and air.
Insider Knowledge and Tips
Of course, in addition to presentation, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience to tap via your real estate agent to ensure you Don’t Leave Anything Behind (like value!).
A good agent will know how to get every last cent’s worth of value from your property by:
- Leveraging market knowledge
- The agency contact list (ours is around 9,000)
- Which marketing approach is most appropriate for your property
- Negotiating skills
And that’s all just for starters!
And it’s fair to say Ray White has the experience to help you in getting the most out of your property.
This is because:
- Ray White conducts more auctions than any other real estate company in Australia.
- Ray White lists 77,620 residential properties for sale each year.
- Ray White conducts more open homes than any other real estate company.
- Annual property sales turnover is $27.9 billion from over 60,100 sales. That’s around $76,500,000 worth of property every day.
- Selling one in every ten properties in the region, Ray White has the widest selection of real estate of any group in Australasia.
If you’d like to know how we can help your maximise your property value, drop your details in below.